Make your NDIS Budget work for your child| News
With therapy, travel costs, and assessments to organize, it can be easy to lose track of your child’s NDIS budget. If you’ve spent more of your budget than you realized, here are some things you can do:
- If you’ve lost track of your spending, think about what supports and therapies you’ll need before your plan ends and look at how much budget you have left to pay for them (hours of supports you’ve booked and the hourly rate of each service). Doing this will help you determine if you will make it to the end of your plan with the funds you have or whether you’ll need to request a review.
- Are there any supports you no longer need or can cut back? This might look like asking your therapists for a progress review and assessing their recommended therapy schedule.
- Keep an eye on your budget! Knowing how much of each budget is left can help increase your confidence in your plan. If you are Plan Managed with us, we can help you better understand how you’re tracking throughout your child’s NDIS plan.
- Some providers charge by the hour, leading to unwanted surprises that you may not have budgeted for, such as extra administration tasks or reporting time or travel costs. If you run into unexpected expenses, you should:
- Work out how many hours of support your remaining NDIS budget can cover. If you have a Kid Connect Support Coordinator, your Support Coordinator can help you with this step.
- Only sign service agreements with providers based on these calculated hours. Your service agreements should work to help you avoid any unexpected charges by stating exactly how many hours your service provider will work and how much you’ve agreed they will charge you for their services.
- If you plan to manage Kid Connect, you can avoid charges is to review your invoices before we pay them.
Remember, if you are using your budget quickly, it isn’t necessarily a bad thing. A child’s support needs can change rapidly, so there’s no correct way to spend your budget. If you’ve worked out that you won’t need as much of your budget later in your plan and choose to use it now, might be the best thing for your child’s needs.
If you run out of budget, there may be options available to you, such as several kinds of plan reviews.
If you do find yourself in this situation, give us a call on 0421 012 956, or send us an email to email@example.com We’re here to help you!
You can read more about our Support Coordination services here : https://www.kidconnect.com.au/services/support-coordination/